NASHVILLE, Tenn.- GRAMMY Award-winning MCA Nashville country star Vince Gill recently announced that his new album, Okie, will be released on August 23. Okie, which is co-produced by Gill and Justin Niebank, is now available for pre-order. “When My Amy Prays,” the project’s second focus track titled is a song about Gill’s wife, singer-songwriter Amy Grant. “I believe that this song features one of the best vocals I’ve ever done,” commented Gill on the new focus track.
Gill wrote “When My Amy Prays” and wrote or co-wrote the other 11 songs on Okie. It marks Gill’s most recent solo album since 2016’s Down To My Last Bad Habit and 2011’s Guitar Slinger. In 2013, Gill partnered with famed steel guitarist Paul Franklin on Bakersfield as a tribute to the “Bakersfield sound” of Buck Owens and Merle Haggard. With 21 GRAMMY Awards to his credit, Gill has solidified his place as country music’s most eloquent and impassioned champion. He is both a world-class musician and a wide-ranging songwriter whose compositions earned him entry into the Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame in 2005 and the Country Music Hall of Fame in 2007. Gill has also made appearances on over 1000 artists’ records.
Gill is currently on tour in Europe with the Eagles.
FULL TRACK LISTING:
1. I Don’t Want To Ride the Rails No More (Vince Gill)
2. The Price of Regret (Vince Gill)
3. Forever Changed (Vince Gill)
4. An Honest Man (Vince Gill)
5. What Choice Will You Make (Vince Gill / Leslie Satcher)
6. Black and White (Vince Gill / Charlie Worsham)
7. The Red Words (Vince Gill)
8. When My Amy Prays (Vince Gill)
9. A Letter To My Mama (Vince Gill / Dean Dillon)
10. Nothin’ Like A Guy Clark Song (Vince Gill)
11. That Old Man of Mine (Vince Gill)
12. A World Without Haggard (Vince Gill)
For a full list of tour dates, news, images and more, visit http://www.VinceGill.com
Source- Universal Music Group Nashville & Morris Public Relations